Funding Opportunities for Faculty to Explore New & Emerging Instructional Technologies
The Duke Digital Initiative (DDI) is an ongoing program to help advance awareness and use of new and emerging technologies in support of teaching and learning at Duke.
To receive updates about the CFP and announcements of other DDI activities, subscribe to email@example.com: https://lists.duke.edu/sympa/subscribe/ddi-announce
The initial deadline of 5:00PM ET November 7, 2014 has passed. However, proposals submitted between November 7, 2014 and April 1, 2015 will be considered if funding remains available.
Types of Support Provided
Most awards will provide up to $5,000 for a project. However, we welcome proposals for larger projects requiring up to $25,000 in support. Funds may be used to purchase hardware or software, cover the cost of student employees, or pay for production and editing services from Duke Media Services.
Proposals may also include requests for technical and/or pedagogical consultation time from OIT and CIT staff.
2014-2015 DDI Program Focus Areas:
- Support for faculty exploration of
- educational video production (specifically, using Duke’s lightboard),
- maker technologies (specifically, 3D printing),
- wearable technology (specifically, Google Glass) and
- gaming (specifically, repurposing games for education);
- Support for faculty to attend innovative technology conferences;
- Awards to support faculty interests in the use of other new and emerging technologies for teaching and learning.
For details, download the full Call for Proposals: DDI Call for Proposals 2014-2015
Preview the application form to prepare your proposal: Application Preview 2014-2015
Submit your proposal online: https://jfe.qualtrics.com/form/SV_cTugkr8EAWZ6oap