Not all technologies DDI explores will have training opportunities associated with them. It’s one of the problems with looking at new and emerging technologies! However, you may find these resources helpful.
OIT Training offers free technology seminars throughout the semester (including most recently a 3D Printing overview), a brown bag lunch series called Learn IT@ Lunch , OnDemand sessions for groups and online training opportunities. Visit their website for more information and a current list of opportunities. Join the OIT Training Announcement e-mail List for monthly updates and announcements. Subscribe here: https://lists.duke.edu/sympa/subscribe/oit-training-announce.
Duke faculty, staff and students have access to a wealth of online training through the lynda.com online training library. Topics including 3D printing, 3D video, 4K video, and Google Glass. Wonder if there’s a Lynda.com tutorial? Search for it on the site! http://training.oit.duke.edu/lynda/
The Center for Instructional Technology (CIT)
The Center for Instructional Technology (CIT) provides training through scheduled events and workshops on instructional
technologies and teaching topics. You can see information about their events at http://cit.duke.edu/events/.
- DDI summary report for 2011-2012, published October 2012
- DDI summary report for 2010-2011, published July 2011
- DDI midyear report for Fall 2010, published February 2011
- DDI summary report for 2009-2010, published July 2010
- DDI midyear report for Fall 2009, published March 2010
- Spring 2009 Duke Digital Initiative Programs Evaluation, published September 2009
- Fall 2008 Duke Digital Initiative Programs Evaluation, published March 2009
- Tablet PC Program Update, published January 2008
- Report on 2006-2007 Duke Digital Initiative Instructional Programs, published July 2007
- Report on Fall 2006 Duke Digital Initiative Instructional Programs, published March 2007
- Report on 2005-2006 Duke Digital Initiative, published July 2006
- Evaluation of 2004-05 Academic iPod Projects, published June 2005
- University Writing Program iPod Project Report (Executive Summary), published June 2005
- Report to ITAC on iPod project, publishedMarch 2005